Leading brands today, from Apple and Google to Dyson and OXO, have set new design standards for what makes a product great. Consumers and workers alike have come to expect products that are elegant, intuitive and well-suited for their lifestyle.
Great design starts with a detailed understanding of the people who will use the product. Usability testing provides an opportunity to evaluate how well the design of a software application, device or website holds up in the real world with human participants. The benefits of usability testing can be just as powerful when applied to enterprise software as to consumer products.
Usability testing can help answer key questions, such as:
- Will this tool be adopted and utilized?
- Are the most important features appropriately highlighted?
- Is it intuitive and easy to use?
- Are users able to accomplish tasks efficiently?
- Are we providing the right features and functionality?
Answering these questions up front can save significant time and expense down the line – and yield a better product that your customers, prospects and employees will actually want to use. Some top- and bottom-line benefits include:
- Reducing development time and cost
- Increasing adoption and close rates
- Recouping lost revenue
- Improving customer and employee satisfaction
- Lowering training and support costs
Whether your efforts are consumer-facing, B2B, or focused internally on your workforce, usability testing can ensure that you get the greatest return on your product or technology investment.
Want to learn more about usability testing? Download our Usability Testing 101 eBook for the ins and outs of usability testing.