Usability Testing in Philadelphia
Based in Center City, Philadelphia, Electronic Ink’s Clarity Labs hosts in-person and remote usability testing, eye tracking, and other research services. We’ve run hundreds of studies testing everything from business applications and websites to mobile interfaces. Whether you have the researchers and just need to rent lab space, or you need the resources to facilitate research, Electronic Ink’s Clarity Labs can help.
WHAT WE DO
Clarity labs Services
Electronic Ink is a leading provider of lab-based testing, eye tracking and other usability research services. We’ve hosted hundreds of focus groups and usability test sessions on a wide variety of web, software and handheld interfaces.
Planning: Do you need to conduct a study, but you aren’t sure how to or what it will look like? Our team can create a plan to help you achieve the results you desire.
Recruiting: Having trouble finding the right participants? With our extensive professional network, we can assist in finding the qualified participants you need.
Facilitation: Our trained researchers have collectively spent thousands of hours hosting studies just like yours. We would be happy to facilitate your lab session.
Analysis: Regardless of participant group size, we can provide insightful analysis of test results.
How we do it
Clarity Labs offers easy in-and-out access to configurable, comfortable lab areas equipped with the latest usability testing technology.
We know that your time is valuable. When you arrive, you’ll find the space ready to use and the equipment you require, including our Tobii eye tracker, will be set up and ready.
- Eye tracking equipment – the unobtrusive Tobii T-60 eye tracker
- Morae software to record and observe the screen activity, participant camera, and session audio
- Room recording options, including webcams and standard- and high-definition video
- High-end desktop computers
- High-speed dual T-1 Internet connection
Fully-equipped participant rooms
- Spacious enough for individual testing or group sessions up to 12 people
- Flexible room configuration to emulate the environment that suits your target audience
- Hard-wired audio microphones for clear sound
Comfortable observation rooms
- Large, one-way mirror for discreet, direct observation of participants
- Configurable layout allows for two separate client rooms or one large room
- Monitors to view the participant’s computer screen during usability testing
- Wireless and high-speed Internet access
- Portable whiteboards
- Private kitchen and lounge
- Flexible spaces
- Receptionist to greet participants and handle paperwork
- Technical support dedicated to lab operations
- Beverages and light snacks provided for observers and participants
- Additional food can be ordered from a variety of Philadelphia restaurants
- Print, copy and fax services available
- Wheelchair accessible
In my 10+ year career in usability, I've visited as many as 15 different research facilities in cities including Chicago, New York, DC and Philadelphia to conduct various focus groups, interviews and testing. Clarity Labs is by far the best research facility I've experienced.
- Director, Customer Experience, TE Connectivity
This technology allows us to see exactly what participants are looking at in real-time. As a result, it enables us to specifically prove participants thus, providing a deeper, more useful understanding of their experiences that might not otherwise surface in questioning alone.
- Director, Customer Experience, Tyco Electronics