VP, Client Strategy
The Vice President, Client Strategy leads and manages the selling process of Electronic Ink’s design consulting and delivery capabilities into large accounts. This is a highly motivated sales professional with a consulting background. Our ideal candidate has experience hunting and selling within verticals such as, but not limited to: healthcare, finance, energy and technology.
- Acting as an opportunity identifier (OI) by conducting research and prospecting leads and opportunities
- Understanding Electronic Ink’s solution offering and proposing/writing statements of work and proposals
- Maintaining a high level of sales activity on a weekly basis and develop sales assets for campaigns (letters, cheat sheets, presentations, etc)
- Tracking 100% of sales activity in sales CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Knowing the competition
- Building strong relationships with prospects
- Meeting all quarterly personal goals and objectives
- Building an account business plan that targets the right people and clearly sets objectives and strategies to grow the account
- Creating and delivering compelling presentations and client artifacts
- Developing and recommending solutions for complex problems
- Handling objections, and still progressing and closing opportunities
- Effectively collaborating with others from within and beyond the project/technical team to deliver innovative solutions for clients
- Actively participating in sales performance management and cadence reviews
- Assessing client situation, evaluate / propose options and define sales pursuit strategies
- Focusing on a few large accounts
- Achieving quarterly & yearly financial quotas
- Demonstrating “thought leadership” across the company
- Mentoring less experienced team members
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in a consultative sales services environment
- A track record of exceeding goals and of average sales of $600k and above
- C-Level sales experience in a services company
- Effective problem-solving skills, specifically the ability to assess situations, evaluate options and define strategies
- Experience tracking sales activity in sales CRM, preferably
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hunter personality
- Bachelor's in business administration, marketing, communications or a related field
About Electronic Ink
Twenty-five years ago Electronic Ink was formed as a design firm focused on helping software developers deliver more useful and usable software tools to workers. Doctors, nurses, traders, bureaucrats, 911 operators, railway workers and countless other professionals and employees have benefited from Electronic Ink’s involvement in the design and delivery of the software tools that run industry.
Today, our clients are still asking us to design the best systems for their workforce. And they are asking for more. Our design insights now inform the processes by which their organizations operate, the roles and responsibilities of their human capital, and provides a new, human-centered understanding of their business operations.
Twenty-five years ago there wasn’t a UX Design industry - we were inventing it. Today, we are leading design’s entry into consulting services that allow industry to extract greater value from, and provide a better environment for, the people who are their workforce.