You may have designed your last marketing communications web site! Apply your valuable design skills to new types of challenges like improving the operations of a hospital, streamlining a government agency's processes or helping people see important messages in a sea of data. Our everyday challenges have always come from within the operations of some of the world's most complicated businesses. You will work side by side with design researchers, our clients' own business experts and technologists to explore better ways of doing business and designing systems that allow people to work better.
In the agency world you may have helped people navigate e-commerce. At Electronic Ink, you may help someone save a life.
Technical Skills and Responsibilities
- Understand and integrate research data into creating visual artifacts for clients
- Conduct all project work including the design and production of:
- Workflows (user’s pathways through an environment)
- Product maps (high-level information architecture)
- Wireframes (screen schematics reflecting the details of the information architecture)
- Data visualization diagramming (distilling complex information into visuals)
- Aesthetics (full color screen simulations, complete with typefaces, colors, state changes and other interaction patterns)
- UI specifications (screen layout, system responses, interaction patterns, accessibility guidelines, and technology considerations)
- Display proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Exhibit strong ability to identify and communicate a client’s “story”
- Show knowledge and appreciation for data visualization and its impact on business decisions
- Demonstrate familiarity with rapid prototyping tools
- Exhibit exceptional craftsmanship and attention to detail
- Possess excellent layout and typography skills
Consulting Skills and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills including the ability to work simultaneously across several projects
- Follow all established design and consulting team procedures, and assist with the development of new procedures
- Effectively build professional relationships with colleagues and clients
- Contribute creative ideas to further the project work and direction of client projects
- Display flexibility in response to changing work requirements and situations
- Demonstrate the ability to travel, as needed
- One to three years of experience creating intuitive workflow-driven solutions (user interface design for websites, mobile devices, business systems, and other applications), with a portfolio of work that demonstrates the level of experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for user experience and an advocate for the user
- BFA or BS degree in design or significant experience working in a design field
About Electronic Ink
Twenty-five years ago Electronic Ink was formed as a design firm focused on helping software developers deliver more useful and usable software tools to workers. Doctors, nurses, traders, bureaucrats, 911 operators, railway workers and countless other professionals and employees have benefited from Electronic Ink’s involvement in the design and delivery of the software tools that run industry.
Today, our clients are still asking us to design the best systems for their workforce. And they are asking for more. Our design insights now inform the processes by which their organizations operate, the roles and responsibilities of their human capital, and provides a new, human-centered understanding of their business operations.
Twenty-five years ago there wasn’t a UX Design industry - we were inventing it. Today, we are leading design’s entry into consulting services that allow industry to extract greater value from, and provide a better environment for, the people who are their workforce.